Your Total Body Photography Experience
What Is Total Body Photography?
Total Body Photography (also known as TBP or whole body imaging) is the process of taking high quality images of your skin from head to toe to help your doctor monitor and assess your moles.
Benefits of TBP
There are many reasons why TBP may be a good idea for you. Some of the most important reasons are that it:
Who Should Consider TBP Services?
Patients with one or more risk factors for developing skin cancer can benefit from TBP services. These include having:
- Many moles (more than 50)
- A personal history of skin cancer
- An immunosuppressive condition or medication
- A family history of skin cancer
- Any large moles (more than 1 cm in diameter)
- Extensive sun damage to your skin or previously used sunbeds
Please talk to your doctor for a full assessment to see if TBP is recommended for you.
|Make sure your skin is moisturized and not dry||A suntan or sunburn can change the appearance of moles on your skin||
If you wish to shave or wax before your check-up, please do so several days beforehand
How To Prepare For Your Session
When you arrive at the clinic, you may be asked to:
What to Expect: A Step by Step Guide
- A trained professional will provide a brief overview of the session
- You will be led to a private area to disrobe
- You will be slowly guided through the poses to ensure that your skin is imaged at a comfortable pace
- The information will be securely recorded in the system for your doctor to take the necessary next steps
- If a doctor finds a suspicious mole, they may take a magnified image of your skin with a tool called a dermoscope to review the mole in greater detail
Check your skin! Perform a self-exam every one to three months to help you get to know your moles and notice any potential changes over time. Your doctor may provide you with secure access to your data via the patient app as a way to keep you informed of your skin health plan.
Does your doctor want high quality dermoscopic images? Purchase your own MoleScope device for home use.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!