DermEngine Integration for Genie
This page explains how to set-up the DermSync software to sync patient demography from the Genie software to DermEngine.
While using this software, patients opened on Genie will be transferred to the DermEngine platform. On DermEngine, images and lesions can be added to each patient.
- A Windows or Mac machine with Genie installed
- The user needs to have permission to install DermSync
- Download the integration software (DermSync).
|For Mac 64 bit (x64)
- Create a folder that will be used for patient transfer files, and allow write access for any accounts using Genie.
- In Genie, set up a connection to export patient data in HL7 format. From the menu bar at the top, select "File", then select "Connections".
Set Type to "File Transfer" and Format to "HL7" and set "Enable Export when ... clinical record opened" to checked.
Set Machine to the name of the client machine. For each client machine, a new connection needs to be set up.
The Export Directory and filename will need to be entered in the DermSync application in a later step.
This file will be updated every time the patient's clinical record is opened.
- In Genie, open a patient's clinical record. Confirm that the Current_Patient.hl7 file is created in the specified folder.
- Double click to run the DermSync application or right click and select "Open".
- Select "Genie" from the drop down list
- In the DermSync application, open the folder set in Step 1. The Current_Patient.hl7 file is created when a patient is opened on Genie and deleted when the patient is closed. If there is no patient currently open, the name of the folder can still be entered.
- Enter your email and either your password or access key on DermEngine. If you don't already have an account, visit https://app.dermengine.com/ or download the mobile app. To learn how to create an account click here.
- Once you have successfully logged in, any patients opened on Genie will be available within your Patient List on the DermEngine web platform and mobile app.
- When a new version of DermSync is available, the message below will pop up.
By simply clicking "Update", DermSync will download the most recent version and restart.
- If you are using DermSync v1.x, please make sure to first close the app by right clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner and selecting "Close".