DermEngine Integration for MedicalDirector
This page explains how to set-up the DermSync software to sync patient demographic data from the MedicalDirector software to DermEngine.
While using this software, patients on MedicalDirector will be transferred to the DermEngine platform. On DermEngine, images and lesions can be added to each patient.
- A Windows or Mac machine with MedicalDirector installed
- The user needs to have permission to install DermSync
- Download the integration software (DermSync.exe)
|For Mac 64 bit (x64)
- Create a folder that will be used for patient transfer files, and allow write access for any accounts using MedicalDirector.
- In MedicalDirector, set up Advanced Link Options for patients. From the menu, select "Tools", then select "Options".
Under the "Links" tab, select "Link to Other Billing Package" and click on the button for "Set advanced link options".
Check the box for Data output file (TRANSFER.OUT)
Add the path for output files at the bottom of the screen.
- In MedicalDirector, open the patient details of a test patient and click the "Save" button. An edit is not required.
Confirm that the TRANSFER.OUT file is created in the specified folder.
- Double click to run the DermSync application
- Select "Medical Director" from the drop down list
- In the DermSync application, open the folder set in Step 1.
- Enter your email and either your password or access key on DermEngine. If you don't already have an account, visit https://app.dermengine.com/ or download the mobile app. To learn how to create an account click here.
- Once you have successfully logged in, any patients created or updated on MedicalDirector will be available on your Patient List on DermEngine and the mobile apps.
- If MedicalDirector PracSoft is installed, DermSync can also be set up to receive patients created or updated on PracSoft.
- In PracSoft, select "MedicalDirector" from the menu, then select "MedicalDirector Link Options".
- From the "Links" tab, the option to "Link to MedicalDirector" should be unchecked.
From the "Import Settings" tab, the TRANSFER.OUT file used in the earlier steps can be used to transfer data from MedicalDirector to PracSoft.
From the "Export Settings" tab, the option to "Export patient demographics" should be checked. Set the "Export file location" to the same location as the TRANSFER.OUT file.
- In PracSoft, follow step 3 in the previous section to create a test patient.
Confirm that the PATIENTS.IN file is created in the specified folder and check that this patient has been added to both MedicalDirector and DermEngine.
If an error occurs, click on the edit button and save the patient again.
- When a new version of DermSync is available, the message below will pop up.
By simply clicking "Update", DermSync will download the most recent version and restart.
- If you are using DermSync v1.x, please make sure to first close the app by right clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner and selecting "Close".