DermEngine Integration for Profile
This page explains how to set-up the DermSync software to sync patient demographic data from the Profile software to DermEngine.
While using this software, patients on Profile will be transferred to the DermEngine platform. On DermEngine, images and lesions can be added to each patient.
- A Windows or Mac machine with Profile installed
- The user needs to have permission to install DermSync
- Download the integration software (DermSync.exe)
|For Mac 64 bit (x64)
- Create a folder that will be used for patient transfer files.
- Double click to run the DermSync application or right click and select "Open".
- Select "Profile" from the drop down list
- In the DermSync application, open the folder set in Step 2.
- In Profile, as an administrator user, add a new macro to add patients to a file when a patient is updated.
From the menu, select "Maintain", select "Templates", then select "Macros".
Copy and paste the code from DermSync into Profile.
Enter a code and a description for the macro.
- In Profile, create a new scheduled task to run the macro.
From the menu, select "Organisation", then select "System Tasks Explorer"
Under the "Schedule" tab, set up a schedule, under the "Settings" tab, select the macro that was just created.
- In Profile, create or update a patient. Confirm that the Patients.in file is updated in the specified folder.
- Enter your email and either your password or access key on DermEngine. If you don't already have an account, visit https://app.dermengine.com/ or download the mobile app. To learn how to create an account click here.
- Once you have successfully logged in, any patients created or updated on Profile will be available on your Patient List on DermEngine and the mobile apps.
- When a new version of DermSync is available, the message below will pop up.
By simply clicking "Update", DermSync will download the most recent version and restart.
- If you are using DermSync v1.x, please make sure to first close the app by right clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner and selecting "Close".