DermEngine Integration for Profile
This page explains how to set-up the DermSync software to sync patient demographic data from the Profile software to DermEngine.
While using this software, patients on Profile will be transferred to the DermEngine platform. On DermEngine, images and lesions can be added to each patient.
- A Windows or Mac machine with Profile installed
- The user needs to have permission to install DermSync
- On the server* computer, download the integration software (DermSync)
|For Windows DermSync-setup-service.msi||For Mac 64 bit (x64)
- If you are using a Windows Machine, install DermSync on your machine (Default Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\DermSync\).
Users need to have write permissions on this folder.
Note: We recommend installing DermSync for all users.
- Create a folder that will be used for patient transfer files.
- Double click to run the DermSync application or right click and select "Open".
- Enter your DermEngine credentials including your email and either your password or access key.
If you don't already have an account, visit https://app.dermengine.com/ or download the mobile app.
To learn how to create an account click here.
The access key can be retrieved on DermEngine under the Account menu.
- Select "Profile" from the drop down list
- In the DermSync application, open the folder you made previously.
- In Profile, as an administrator user, add a new macro to add patients to a file when a patient is updated.
From the menu, select "Maintain", select "Templates", then select "Macros".
Copy and paste the code from DermSync into Profile.
Enter a code and a description for the macro.
- In Profile, create a new scheduled task to run the macro.
From the menu, select "Organisation", then select "System Tasks Explorer"
Under the "Schedule" tab, set up a schedule, under the "Settings" tab, select the macro that was just created.
- In Profile, create or update a patient. Confirm that the Patients.in file is updated in the specified folder.
- Once you have successfully logged in, any patients created or updated on Profile will be available on your Patient List on DermEngine and the mobile apps.
- When a new version of DermSync is available, the message below will pop up.
By simply clicking "Update", DermSync will download the most recent version and restart.
- If you are using DermSync v1.x, please make sure to first close the app by right clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner and selecting "Close".