DermEngine Integration for Shexie Platinum
This page explains how to set up the DermSync software to sync patient demography from the Shexie Platinum software to DermEngine.
While using this software, patients created or edited on Shexie will be transferred to the DermEngine platform. On DermEngine, images and lesions can be added to each patient.
- A Windows machine with Shexie Platinum installed
- The user needs to have permission to install DermSync
- On the server* computer, download the integration software (DermSync)
*Not compatible with terminal servers
- Install DermSync on your machine (Default Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\DermSync\).
Users need to have write permissions on this folder.
Note: We recommend installing DermSync for all users.
- In Shexie, set up a folder to export patient details in HL7 format. The option can only be configured under Shexie's admin account and will require the Shexie team to assist in its configuration.
- In Shexie, create a new patient. Confirm that the patient's .hl7 file is created in the specified folder. The .hl7 file is created when a patient is created, edited, or billed.
- Double click to run the DermSync application or right click and select "Open".
- Enter your DermEngine credentials including your email and either your password or access key.
If you don't already have an account, visit https://app.dermengine.com/ or download the mobile app.
To learn how to create an account click here.
The access key can be retrieved on DermEngine under the Account menu.
- Select "Shexie" from the drop down list
- In the DermSync application, open the folder you made previously. If there is no current patient the name of the folder can still be entered.
- Once you have successfully logged in, any patients created or edited on Shexie will be available within your Patient List on the DermEngine web platform and mobile app.
- When the exported patient matches an existing patient on DermEngine, and the patient has not been exported from Shexie before, a popup will be shown to confirm if the two patients are the same. If the patients are not the same, "Add Patient" will add a new patient. If the patients are the same, the exisiting patient can be updated with "Update"
- If no action is taken, the patient can be merged with an existing patient on DermEngine. From Patient List, search for the patient to merge.
Select the checkbox for two patients to merge, then click the button "Merge 2/2".
Select the patient to keep, then press the button to "Merge Patient". Images from both patients will be kept, only the demographic data is merged.
- When a new version of DermSync is available, the message below will pop up.
By simply clicking "Update", DermSync will download the most recent version and restart.
- If you are using DermSync v1.x, please make sure to first close the app by right clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner and selecting "Close".