DermEngine Integration for Zedmed
This page explains how to set-up the DermSync software to sync patient demographic data from the Zedmed software to DermEngine.
While using this software, patients on Zedmed will be transferred to the DermEngine platform. On DermEngine, images and lesions can be added to each patient.
- A Windows or Mac machine with Zedmed Office installed
- The user needs to have permission to install DermSync
- Download the integration software (DermSync.exe)
|For Mac 64 bit (x64)
- Create a folder that will be used for patient transfer files.
- In Zedmed Office, open settings under the "Utilities" tab, then click on "Third Party Links".
In the section for added or changed patient, check the box for "Append to Patients.in".
Under "Options", enter the path to the folder created in Step 2.
If the Patients.in file has already been set up previously to interface with MedicalDirector or Best Practice, this will not work for DermEngine. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Double click to run the DermSync application or right click and select "Open".
- Select "Zedmed" from the drop down list
- In the DermSync application, open the folder set in Step 2.
- Enter your email and either your password or access key on DermEngine. If you don't already have an account, visit https://app.dermengine.com/ or download the mobile app. To learn how to create an account click here.
- Once you have successfully logged in, any patients created or updated on Zedmed will be available on your Patient List on DermEngine and the mobile apps.
- When a new version of DermSync is available, the message below will pop up.
By simply clicking "Update", DermSync will download the most recent version and restart.
- If you are using DermSync v1.x, please make sure to first close the app by right clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner and selecting "Close".