DermEngine Integration for Best Practice
This page explains how to set-up the DermSync software to sync patient demography from the Best Practice software to DermEngine.
While using this software, patients opened on Best Practice will be transferred to the DermEngine platform. On DermEngine, images and lesions can be added to each patient.
- A Windows machine with Best Practice Software installed
- The user needs to have permission to install DermSync
- Download the integration software (DermSync)
| For Windows
- The database browser password is required to read patient data from the Best Practice database. This password can be set for the first time in Best Practice. From the menu bar at the top, select "Setup", then select "Configuration".
From the left side menu, select "Database". Click on the button "Database browser" to set the password.
- On the client computer, double click to run the DermSync application.
This step and following steps will need to be repeated for each computer user.
- Select "Best Practice" from the drop down list
- Enter the database password and the server name/IP for Best Practice.
Password: Enter the database browser password set in Step 1 in the DermSync application.
Server: If Best Practice is installed on the local machine, leave the server field empty. Otherwise, enter the IP address or name of the machine that Best Practice Server is installed on. The server name can be found under the Setup - Configuration screen where the database password is set.
- Enter your email and either your password or access key on DermEngine. If you don't already have an account, visit https://app.dermengine.com/ or download the mobile app. To learn how to create an account click here.
- Once you have successfully logged in, any patients opened with the clinical view on Best Practice will be available on your Patient List on DermEngine and the mobile apps.
Import Timeline Reports:
SetupNote: This feature is available starting from DermSync version 2.0.2
- Create a folder that will be used for patient transfer files, and allow write access for any accounts using Best Practice.
- On the Best Practice Client, set up Results Import. From the menu bar at the top, select "Setup", then select "Configuration". From the left side menu, select "Results import".
Check the box for "Import investigation results on this computer" and add the folder to the "Report file search paths".
- On the Best Practice Server, run the BPLink utility to automatically check for results.
- Set up DermSync. Click on the taskbar icon, then select "Set up results import directory". Select the same path in DermSync.
- On DermEngine web, create a Timeline Report. Press the button to Print Report and export to Best Practice.
DermSync will save the report to the selected folder. When Best Practice imports the report, the file will be deleted automatically.
- The report can be found in the patient's file, under Clinical > Unchecked reports and from the main screen, under View > Incoming Reports.
With the BPLink utility, the folder will be synced every 5 minutes, or there is a button on Incoming Reports to refresh manually.
Best Practice will notify that there are unchecked reports for the patients the next time the patient is open.
- When a new version of DermSync is available, the message below will pop up.
By simply clicking "Update", DermSync will download the most recent version and restart.
- If you are using DermSync v1.x, please make sure to first close the app by right clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner and selecting "Close".
Here is the list of hosts that DermSync needs access to:
- Open “ODBC Data Sources Administrator” - It should be installed on your machine by default.
- Add the database server using appropriate driver (SQL Server)
- Try testing the data source as below: