Today marked day one of the American Telemedicine Association Conference held at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. If you haven’t already, be sure to visit our team at booth 932 to chat with us about how DermEngine’s teledermatology features best fit your professional needs!
Our first year at ATA, the conference has already proven to be a great success for the MetaOptima team. Filled with energy, the hall was packed with healthcare providers, clinicians, business professionals, and leaders across a variety of technology and health sectors interested in learning about the latest innovations in telemedicine.
The Need for Teledermatology Services
At MetaOptima’s booth, attendees had the opportunity to learn about the benefits of adopting teledermoscopy services within their practice. Interest proved to be even higher than anticipated due to the increasing demand for teledermatology services:
- Urban areas saw a jump of 20% usage between 2015 and 20161
- 45% of doctors believed remote working is the answer to unsustainable demand2
- Teledermatologists are able to triage 60% of consultations to be seen the next day or later3
- 74% of millennials prefer booking a virtual healthcare appointment versus a face-to-face visit4
MetaOptima at ATA
The MetaOptima Team was focused on demoing how DermEngine’s teledermatology features could support medical professionals in providing expedited, accessible, and affordable care to new and existing patients. What made DermEngine stand out from other software providers was its variety of additional tools and resources, from clinical decision support tools powered by artificial intelligence (AI), complete total body photography module, to the associated line of mobile dermoscopes.
Through adopting DermEngine, healthcare providers are equipped with the latest technologies to integrate digital health technologies into their daily clinical practice. Rather than dedicating nearly 50% of their work day to administrative tasks (as is currently the case), dermatologists and other care providers and triage and prioritize cases and focus on patients- not the process.
Mobile Dermoscopy For All
An integral piece of teledermatology, a mobile dermoscope is an intuitive and portable tool that allows high quality images to be taken of the skin. Originally designed exclusively for dermatologists, MoleScope offers three separate models to cater to the diverse needs of its customers:
- MoleScope: Priced at $99, this nifty little dermoscope is perfect for patients interested in imaging from the comfort of their home while they stay engaged in their skin care plan
- MoleScope II: For only $299 GPs, family physicians, nurses, and clinical imagers can capture high quality skin images without the
- MoleScope III: Available for pre-order for $995, the newest member of the MoleScope is the first mobile dermoscope to offer edge-to-edge imaging and wireless connectivity for the most advanced professionals.
Designed to work seamlessly with the DermEngine app, medical professionals have the power to capture and assign images in a matter of seconds- the perfect support tool for streamlined teledermatology services. Are you interested in learning more about MetaOptima's recent contributions in telemedicine and beyond? Click the links below!
-The MetaOptima Team
Attending ATA 2019? Visit us at booth #932 for a quick demo of how our intelligent dermatology software and mobile dermoscope best support your professional needs. Get in touch with us today to set up a time that works best -we look forward to meeting with you!